Sunday 30 June 2013

44. Two Roads

FRIDAY:


This was another tough one. Tom and I had trouble coming up with possible road names, but I'm happy with the implied contrast between 'Long Road to Ruin' and 'Yellow Brick Road', though that doesn't look much like Oz and now I can't stop thinking about that Foo Fighters song. 



I was trying to think more outside the box with this one, and decided to try drawing Harvey Dent/Two-Face on the coin he uses in The Dark Knight to decide his actions (I've never read any of the comics or graphic novels, and most of my knowledge of Batman comes from Christopher Nolan's filmic vision of him). The idea was to capture the two possible outcomes and their attendant morality, but I'm not sure it came across that well because of the design of the coin and its burn pattern. I was also too lazy to look up an appropriate reference picture to check the appearance of the coin and Dent/Two-Face in the film. In this case artistic license definitely doesn't do justice to the original - another good lesson for me to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment