Sunday 30 June 2013

42. Standing Still

This post is one of a string, right up to number 46, which were all very delayed, hence the high concentration of double image posts coming up. This one was supposed to be last Wednesday's, I posted it on Saturday, and I'm writing this on Monday. There's no good excuse: I just lost all motivation over the past week, not just for this, but for a load of stuff. It took a weekend of beautiful weather, boating, ice cream in coffee, and excellent friends to b*tchslap me out of being in a constant grump, so thank you for everyone who pitched in and lent a hand - you're all the best.


This sketch is based on a game I used to play that involved one person walking to a designated goal while being stalked by their 'friends', whose goal was ostensibly to tag them and stop them from getting there (all very sinister - prelude to abduction, anyone?); whenever they turned around their tormentors had to freeze - any sign of movement and game over for them. I may have got some of the details wrong, but it seemed pretty fun at the time, kind of like Sticky Toffee, though with less potentially compromising getting-caught-crawling-through-somebody-else's-legs action. 



My forfeit Post-It note is of a scene from the most recent Indiana Jones movie, where Indy gets caught in some quicksand while on the run from the Soviets. I don't know how effective it is to stay still when you're caught in quicksand - probably a lot more than thrashing around trying to get free - but I hope I never find out. I would rather face the snakes I think. Though not spiders. Spiders terrify me. Reference photo here: http://www.unc.edu/~ruerin/indiana%20jones%20quicksand.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment