Tuesday 11 June 2013

27. Foreign


A relatively early post tonight: I'm so tired I'm turning into a gremlin, so it's time to get an early(ish) night.

Another valuable lesson from my favourite seminal feminist* film: judge not whether somebody has just moved from Africa by the colour of their skin. Screengrab hereMean Girls is probably definitely one of my favourite films, and I'm fortunate to be living in a flat at the moment where we constantly quote it at each other! I can't even begin to go into the list of my favourite Mean Girls moments, but browsing through the IMDb quote board I found out that Michigan Girl also says the following when they're all apologising for being undercover bitches, which I'd completely forgotten about"Alyssa, I'm sorry I called you a gap-toothed bitch. It's not your fault you're so gap-toothed." Classic. Clearly it's about time I watched it again. 

*"Irregardless, ex-boyfriends are just off limits to friends. I mean that's just, like, the rules of feminism!" Word. 

No comments:

Post a Comment