Friday 21 June 2013

35. Hold My Hand


Since this entry was not just uploaded but also completed late (it was for Wednesday but I crashed and eschewed all creative initiative that night), I've uploaded an extra Post-It note as a forfeit again. I admit that I rushed them, but I'm happy with how they came out despite my lazy effort.

I spent the evening watching Les Misérables, after a friend recommended and lent it to me, and weeping profusely at various points - I'd never seen the stage version or heard many of the songs before and now I'm hooked and want to watch it again (though at 2 1/2 hours long it's a stretch). The theme reminded me of Valjean and Cosette in the forest, so I did a quick image based on that. It's definitely clear to me know that I need a lot of practice drawing hands.



With that in mind I sketched this. I've seen some illustrations similar to this before and love the tangled-up effect and the intricacy involved, though I often underestimate how tricky they must be, despite looking straightforward to draw. The anatomy, shape, and detail of these hands aren't perfect, but at least I got some practice in, as well as having fun doing it! I've read in a couple of places that you should draw and do what it is that you find difficult to draw or do, rather than avoid it - it's the only way to improve. It's a good lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment