Thursday 13 June 2013

29. Happiness


This was a theme I could get more excited about, and I wanted to make it more personal this time! At work a friend of mine's office has organised a daily limerick challenge and she's persuaded a couple of us from other departments to get in on it. Every day there's a winner and a runner-up, to whom stars are awarded to go on the star charts, and at the end of the month the winner takes home the coveted LimeritrophyTM! This is the moment earlier today when I found out I'd won my first star for a runner-up limerick! It's a long way to go to challenge the leaders but the sheer monumental happiness made all the hours of slaving over rhymes and metre totally worth it!


P.S. I've had a couple of worried comments about the previous post, and just to put anyone's mind at ease, it's not reflective of anything that's going on with me at the moment. I've changed the text to make this clearer - I was so tired when I wrote it last night that I was basically tripping.

P.P.S. I've just realised that that last comment doesn't exactly inspire much confidence in my sleeping habits! I'm working on it, I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment