Sunday 9 June 2013

23. Cat

I know I've said I've been late with some of these before but I've really taken the biscuit in the last couple of days. This post was supposed to be made on Friday 7th but was actually made last night (Sunday 9th), along with Saturday's and Sunday's. Now it's Monday evening and I'm going back to fill in the gaps with some explanation! 



I did actually sketch a very quick outline for this drawing late on Friday night with the intention of it being quite a speedy piece to be finished off the next day since I was so tired. I'm actually quite happy with how it turned out, though I admit to dramatically skimping on the detail that might have elevated it more. 



This second drawing stems from my new rule: whenever I'm significantly late with a piece i.e. working on it substantially (ideally at all) and posting it the next day, I have to do a forfeit of another Post-It note. See - self discipline! Hopefully it'll lead to improvement through more drawing (more practice) or, alternatively, stop me cheating deadlines. The cat in this piece is Maru, possibly my favourite Internet cat - the reference photograph can be found here! I really like the way this one turned out and I think the photograph actually adds to it, rather than detracting anything, by blurring it slightly. It was so much fun to do - I love Maru and his boxes! He's so consistent and he never seems to get bored of them; the smaller they are, the better it seems!

No comments:

Post a Comment