Friday 24 May 2013

9. Drive


Back to Post-It notes! I initially thought about drawing Ryan Gosling from the film Drive (or feminist Ryan Gosling. Or indeed any-way-politically-inclined Ryan Gosling) but my reference photo postcard turned out to be from The Place Beyond the Pines instead and I thought it definitely wouldn't be pertinent to use it. I decided to go with something different instead, and eventually landed on an old-style VW camper van. I can't drive, but if I could I would definitely want to drive one of these, dodgy suspension, creaky upholstery and all! Incidentally, my other office-mate left today to return to the US and her leaving card had a sunshine-yellow VW van on it because I thought it wouldn't make her too sad and because the illustration was just magnificent. I might see if I can get a copy for myself to put up on the wall! Anyway, I hope she'll be happy over there - she deserves it. We're all definitely going to miss her here.

No comments:

Post a Comment