Sunday 19 May 2013

4. Dark


I went to see Star Trek: Into Darkness a few hours ago, and it was amazing: hats off to you, J. J. Abrams and team. I am also now a reconfirmed Cumberperson* and to celebrate this dual fandom I've spent the last few hours trying to recreate this publicity shot from the film: http://www.imdb.com/media/rm4120161536/tt1408101

To conclude, I think what this teaches all of us is that if I were on board the U. S. S. Enterprise, I'd likely be that one hapless crew member who falls for the main antagonist, betraying her entire ship and crew into a life or death stand-off before inevitably being shamed, court-martialled, and in all probability fired.


*I read somewhere on the Internet that Benedict Cumberbatch feels uncomfortable about the pejorative connotations of the word "Cumberbitch". There are arguments for and against an appropriate use of this term but I actually prefer the term "Cumberpeople" - it has such an appealing sense of community about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment