Saturday 18 May 2013

3. Light


I'm sorry that this entry is a little late, anybody out there who might be keeping tabs on the progress of this blog; in my defense, tonight is Eurovision night and I have just got back from enjoying a good 3 hours or so of cheesy, theatrical, and occasionally downright bizarre pop acts (Romania, I'm looking at you)!!! Personal favourites included Finland, Moldova, and Hungary, and Bonnie Tyler didn't do badly for the UK! All in all it was a fantastic night - Caroline, like Sweden, definitely knows how to throw an amazing party!

I was going to go with "light" in the nounal sense for this drawing, but then decided to think outside of the box a bit and came up with this as an alternative - it reminds me of that scene in Beauty and the Beast when Gaston lifts up a bench full of pretty girls. I saw that film again not all that long ago and if anything I like it even more than I did when I was younger, largely because its songs are the kind of archetypal Disney classics that Eurovision can only dream of emulating, and in part also because it features I think the only song I've ever heard to contain the word "expectorating".

No comments:

Post a Comment