Thursday 16 May 2013

1. Introduction


I'm notoriously bad at updating blogs - in fact, I've lost count of how many I've started and then deleted because I just stopped posting for months. With that in mind the objective of this blog is to beat the trend: a drawing a day for 100 days. It sounds do-able, right? That's what I thought almost half a week ago, and it's taken me this long to actually get started! I found the idea during some at-work (probably Star Wars-related) Googling at the exemplarily named Too Short to be a Stormtrooper, whose proprietor describes it as "an insane balls of steel challenge". Well, Mr Sargent, my balls of steel accept that challenge. Let's see how far they get before they collapse in on themselves like a windpipe in Darth Vader's leather coated grip. 

The theme of the first drawing is "Introduction", so I decided to draw what was on my mind at the time. You can probably tell that I'm quite keen to see the new Star Trek film and that I've been thinking a lot about pugs, thanks in no small part to the fantastic Gemma Correll. In case you can't tell, that's Kirk on the right saying "Look, Spock, a gigantic, floating pug", which, although I love it, is something that Star Trek is sadly deficient in.

One last thing: since the rules of the challenge state that there are no rules drawings must be new, original work, I've decided to do them on Post-It notes, so as not to intimidate myself with scale and be challenged to make the most of the space. Also, technically, I might be able to do them during short breaks at work, where Post-It notes proliferate. I have due respect for office stationery, honest!

2 comments:

  1. I'm very excited to see another challenger!!! There's at least four of us now and even with that handful it's so much fun to see everyone's take on the themes!

    Post it notes are a great idea to give yourself some small yellow boundaries :)

    As no stranger to drawing both Trek and at least one pug in the challenge I love your intro and shall direct people to this very blog so that you may be held accountable to the challenge.

    Cheers
    Lee
    http://shortstormtrooper.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'll try not to let you down, sir!

    ReplyDelete